Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, February 06, 2009

Always Glad to Greet a Friday...

The past couple weeks have been going fast for me. That's good, considering I've spent the last one babying my jaw. Apparently I'm doing everything I'm supposed to to help the healing, according to the dentist, but it still hurts so he gave me more pills. I wondered why they weren't working worth a shit, and noticed that he gave me a lower perscription. So that's fun.
I put out a new teaser comic this week! Again, the name will eventually be explained, and yes my name is in it, but it's not referring to me, just some character named 'Dougie'. Trust me, I can do that. I'm the GOD! I'm going for a moodier tone with this comic, so you won't see much of the humor like Golden Brown. I'm working on getting the last few pages of Golden Brown all done, and hopefully I'll find a little extra time to finish up some archaeological illustrations I should have had done by now.
Yesterday I visited a couple thrift stores, and ended up walking out with around 15 records a new Hawaiian shirt. I wouldn't have minded finding a bowling or lounge shirt, but the right color Hawaiian shirt does the job, too. All that for under $10.
This weekend we're taking Isabella to Chuck E. Cheese in Fargo with Karissa's mom, sis and Kacey, then she gets to go back with them while Karissa & I get a night to ourselves. I'm excited because we haven't hit the Fargo antique stores in a while I'm not gay and plus we want to go to the Speakeasy again. Plus her employment at Comfort Inn is getting us a cheap room.
Speaking of her employment, I've never seen anyone get excited about making schedules like Karissa does. And she calls me weird. But she's ready and willing to go to work, and that always makes me feel better. I've worked a couple shit jobs, and it makes a world of difference to sit in front of your place of employment and not think of ways you can get out of work that day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

I don't care what publishers or editors say about your comic style. I absolutely love it. It's said Golden Brown is coming to an end. I will miss it, but I am sure you will find something else to capture our minds. What do I need to do to get into one of your comics? I would frame that baby in my bedroom!!...or a charcol drawing of me in Jason's "Bret Michaels" hat is okay too.

2:29 PM  
Blogger lunacypoppa said...

Was it explained to that publisher that the retro comentary is what you were going for? As for racist, he probably is himself.

12:44 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Janelle-
You never know what I might be able to come up with in my free time, I still make charcoal efforts. And yes, there will be a new comic--there's a couple of teaser pages mixed into the Bonedaddy blog within the last few weeks to give you a loose idea of what I'm playing with.
Jas-
I was really counting on them to understand that. I guess it was tooo sophisticated. Like I said, it was awfully convenient that he just happaened to have two colleagues at his immediate disposal who were respectively "hillbilly" and "tough black guy from detroit"

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<