Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, December 11, 2008

For Whom the Doug Tolls



I just found this video posted on Metallica's website, posted a few days ago. It has soviet propaganda, chemical warfare, zombies, it is fucking awesome! I wasn't even expecting them to come out with another video yet, so this was like an early X-Mas present from Metallica. Yay!

I just finished For Whom the Bell Tolls by Hemingway, and holy shit--I've never seen such a walking contradiction in an author! He can drag out one man dying over 5 pages, or say the same thing over and over about 20 times in a paragraph, rewording each sentence slightly different. Twenty pages will go by with absolutely nothing going on, pissing me off. Then another twenty pages go by with intense action. Another twenty pages, conversations and "obscenity in the milk of" or "obscenity of such and such", and then twenty pages of anticipating action that doesn't come. It was a good read overall, though, it taught me a bit about pre-WWII Spain and guerilla life in the hills. Oh, from a little side story in the book, I FINALLY get what the Metallica song of the same name is about!

Last Saturday Isabella had a dance recital at an old folks home, which went pretty well. Then on Tuesday she had another recital at the Empire, and she obviously loves being on stage, because she was all smiles and dancing good. There were older girls there who were part of a troupe, and Isabella watched them intently every time they came on to dance, so I'm guessing she's gonna want to keep going to class after the new year starts.

The banjo lessons are coming along. I'm trying to familarize myself with fingerpicking, but I need to pick up a couple metal picks to get a proper pluck. Also, I need to practice when a certain someone isn't trying to watch her stupid news.

On a last note, Betty Page died today. She had a heart attack a few days ago, I imagine it's got something to do with that. She was 85 years old.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

WHAT?!?! Do you know how fucking hard it is to watch my "stupid" news with some jackass trying to learn a banjo?! That's right bitch. You know, the couch isn't the only place in the house to play instruments, but it is the only place in the house to watch the news. No Christmas presents for you sir.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Tab said...

Haha, no presents for you!!!

As I was reading your story about "For Whom the Bell Tolls," what should come on the radio but Metallica's song! Weird?!?!?!

3:56 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Yeah, I made that happen. It was me.

6:23 PM  
Blogger lunacypoppa said...

Yup, you got movies listed but you never bring them to dads to try and take the title. I'm not even as brave or dumb as to make a comment like your news one. I haven't decided which it is yet, though they go hand in hand.

8:45 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I get them through Netflix, and even though you can keep Netflix movies for any length of time, I can't stand having watched movies sitting there on my tv while new ones are waiting. Get your own copies!

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<