Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, January 26, 2009

A Message To My "Friends"...

Haha, I bet you guys saw the quotations around "friends" and thought I was gonna say mean things! Seriously I have great friends, but I'll get around to the why's later.
Earlier last week, I asked Isabella if she remember who the new president is, and she replied Brok-Amama! She doesn't quite have his name down yet, but she's getting there. We then proceeded to have a serious conversation about Martin Luther King, Jr. I guess her teachers already told them about him in school, so all I had to do was fill in some details. We also had the "people with different skin color" talk, and it was actually harder to get her to stay focused on the conversation than it was to get her to understand what I meant. I guess I have to accept that she's already two steps ahead of me.
Later last week, we went to Grizzly's with Kevin & April, and Isabella and Aiden raised holy hell--but in a happy good way, so we all had fun.
Quick note: This past week, I posted 2 pages of Golden Brown, little present from me-to-you.
We headed to Devils Lake on Friday, had birthday Rhubarb pie, and just chilled at my dad's that night. For those who don't know, my dad has the best living room to just chill out in during the evening. It has tons of chairs all sourrounding a tv, and if you get tired (and you will if you stay in the room for longer than 10 minutes), nobody cares if you take a little nap or watch a movie.
On Saturday I got together with Derek and Kevin to practice in Derek's garage. There's really no way to sugarcoat it, so I'll just say the whole practice was a mess. We never have a permanent place to play, the places we do play aren't heated, and there's 90 miles that affect our communication skills.
Later on, in a fit of unusual clarity and lucidity, I managed to order 7 subs from subway and got the whole order right! Ask Karissa, I fuck up simple orders from McDonald's, so this was truly an accomplishment.
We met April/Kevin/Tab/Derek at the Paddlewheel Lounge that night, where I got a death balloon and badly humored birthday cards, right up my alley. Oh, and there were also silly hats involved. No, you fuckers, not the hats I usually wear, these were official National Doug Day party visors, which I still have and Isabella has taken a liking to. Later, after we officially took over the jukebox, Tab brought out the cake she made for me. It was a zombie skull on top of dirt (oreo crumbs), it said "Happy Death Day Doug" . The eyes were marachino cherries set into marshmallows and the teeth were made of chicklets. The cake itself was red marble (right?) and when I made the first sacrificial incision, strawberry(?) jam oozed out the top. I got so excited I went Borneo on it and ate the top of his head with my hands.
I was VERY appreciative that Tab went to so much effort with my cake, and it turned out awesome, tasted even better. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pics on our camera, so if you want to see how it all turned out, you'll have to wait for April or Tab to post their shots.
The whole party was great, and I would have loved to have gone on longer with it, but I had 3 shots too many and made friends with a toilet. I was a bit groggy/headachey/nauseous for most of Sunday, but it was totally worth it. For those of you who would have liked to come but couldn't make it, we took a shot in your honor.
See? This is why I make such a big deal about my birthday. It gets everyone else excited, and we end up having a big ol' shindig over me. Just a heads up, Tab--how are you at naked-lady cake? Just a thought.
So the message to my "friends" is simply thanks for giving me a fun birthday and putting up with me going off the deep end with my megalomaniacal, super undeniable, wonderful, fantastical self. I was humbly honored.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs S said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry we couldn't be there but I'm glad that you had a good time!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Tab said...

Naked Lady cake, huh?! Pretty sure I've got some good ideas for that...wonder what I could make ooze out of her?!?!

I had a blast and will be expecting your presence for my birthday bash! Everyone should have a birthday bash!! Especially all of YOUR friends, right?! I mean, aren't we a lot cooler that most other people?!

Let me answer that for you....YES!!!!

12:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thanks by the way for leaving the cake in the toilet, I should know I had to clean it up..Front Desk Clerk....

12:54 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Tab-
When is your birthday? I know I should know it!
All my friends are cooler than other people, particularily because they hang out with me. I aid & abet "cool".
Front Desk Clerk-
Hey most of it was liquid & got in the toilet!

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<