Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Got My Training Pants On...

Well, the whole shitty sleep thing is getting better. I had to cover a couple shifts for someone over the weekend, and I had to train someone in. I didn't sleep well Saturday, and that night when I should have gone down for a nap, I chose to hang out with our friends. I don't regret it at all, but I was pretty beat by the end of my shift.
The training didn't go too badly. I hate doing it, but at least the girl I trained in has previous experience and did a good job training.
Due to some other scheduling switcharoos, w had to rework our Turkey Day plans a little, screwing me out of the chance to see Big John Bates in Fargo (yeah I'm pretty much gonna bring that up until after the concert--it's no one's fault, but I still have to bitch). But Kevin & April are going to DL the same weekend, and Jess seems to have a present just for ME, so I think I'll get over it.
Karissa has been working at Comfort Inn for a few weeks now, and loves it. I was hoping she could at least tolerate it, because we all know how it feels to be stuck at a job you hate and then have to let all that negativity spread to your family when you get home. I didn't actually expect her to love her job, though, so that worked out really well. It makes me feel so much better to see her actually eager to get to work. Even on days I don't really feel like coming in, I'm glad I got my job, and I always lose that feeling once I get here (except when I walk into a motel full of drunks and noise complaints, but even last Saturday was pretty tame). As much as working at Barnes & Noble has taught me about customer service, I couldn't imagine still being there after all these years. There are days I even miss working for the city, but I know that's not ultimately my thing.
Yesterday Isabella & I went to visit Aiden at the hospital. You wouldn't know he had anything wrong with him to see him chasing after Isabella and screaming. I was glad he was happy to see her. It was weird to think it was exactly a year ago that Isabella was in the hospital for completely difference reasons. Also, both Aiden and Isabella went to Urgent Care where they were treated pretty inadequately.
My big plans for Friday? So far, I crashed on the couch with a bag of Cheetos and a Skeptical Inquirer while listening to groovy '60's non-political rock. So far, so good!

4 Comments:

Blogger lunacypoppa said...

That sounded like a good plan! Wish I could a done that.

2:02 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

In fact it was a good plan. It really was.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Cara said...

Your Friday Night plan sounded like heaven to me...by the way, hope you don't mind but I tagged you on my blog -

9:05 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Don't mind at all, though I'm terrible at continuing those things.

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<