Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Clown Shock, Greedy Peacocks, and...SPIDERS RIGHT BEHIND YOU!!!

The weekend was okay. Karissa triumphed over her coulrophobia and went to Halloween, which she loved. On Sunday, we took Isabella to Chuck E. Cheese in Fargo for her birthday party with her grandma. She was a little nervous about the animatronic band, but after a couple Huey Lewis songs, she loosened up a little. She liked all the games, as did we, apparently. Photographic evidence will show up on Karissa's blog, I'm sure.
After Chuck E Cheese, we took her to the Fargo Zoo. No lions or polar bears, but there was a statue of a "tigalo", a buffalo painted like a tiger. I know you're thinking 'handsome Doug, where can I get one?' Believe me, they only come in one size, and wouldn't fit you.
The zoo was pretty fun, though. She got to see some tarantulas. It's funny to see a kid who gets freaked out by flies buzzing around her liking tarantulas and other spiders. We got her some dippin' dots while we were there, and while she was eating them, a peacock wandered up and stole some! She thought it was funny, because he'd just peck really fast and get a few. I tapped him on the beak with our plastic spoon, causing him to recoil back quickly, and Isabella thought it was hilarious. I did it one more time, then sh wanted to try it. Eventually, the peacock got tired of being beak-tapped and laughed at by a little girl, so he wandered away. But the whole time, he would pause and turn his head towards us, just waiting for us to put the dots down again. Finally he said 'Fuck it' (or would have if peacocks could talk, which would have scared the shit out of me if they did because they would all sound like Bobby Trendy and at one point they'd all flick their wings flamboyantly and holler 'yoohooooooo, do you like my plumage?') and left.
I bought her a sticky tarantula toy at the gift shop that climbs down walls--you know, like those weird octopus things we got out of cereal boxes?--, but she got more out of chasing mommy with it and throwing it at me than watching it roll creepily down a wall. Jerk.
I got a new page of Golden Brown ready and rarin' to go, so check it out--Friday. After that, I'm taking a week break. Why? Because I got a two page comic I'm putting up in it's stead. It's my first assignment from my comics class, and I have yet to post it there. But you guys will see it soon enough.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

bobby trendy? Doug, you shouldn't even KNOW that name! ick. but you're right, a peacock would totally have a bobby trendy voice.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<