Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, July 27, 2007

Homebodies, Schizophrenic Music, and a Little Golden Brown Sauce to Spread Over it.

This weekend sees us at home, doin home stuff. We haven't been to Farmer's Market in a while, so we'll probably do that.
Good news: The Vikings preseasons opens August 10th!
Bad news: We'll be in Fargo August 10th. Of course, we'll be seeing Reverend Horton Heat, so that's not really bad news.
While at my dad's place, we happened to catch The Devil and Daniel Johnston. If you haven't seen the documentary, be prepared to just feel weird and exposed when you watch it. The guy can't sing well, and even in his 40's sounds like an effeminate 16-year-old. The recording of his songs are badly done (on a little boombox). And yet, you still find yourself listening to them and thinking 'Doug, on some level, this is good, haunting music.' I still think his guitar stuff isn't that great, it's his piano that gets to me. So finally I got around to getting a few songs by him. I'm only about 20 years late.
Anyway, I got a new page of Golden Brown up just a little late, so quit yer cryin and read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<