Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Piano Has Been Drinking...

Sometime last week, we wnt over to Amber and Ben's place to have some kind of chicken dish. I don't remember what it was called, but it was like a chicken pot pie casserol, only better. I have been spoiled with good food this past week, mostly chicken dishes. Karissa bought a whole chicken (I guess it's cheaper to do it that way) and ended up using it like 3 times to make dinners. You'd think I'd be sick of chicken, but I ain't sick of chicken.
We went to the International market in the mall last friday, and I don't know why I don't go there more often. I got a liter of Philipino soy sauce for cheap, plus some disgusting "Power Malt" from Denmark. I almost couldn't swallow the one drink I took. Kevin and April came over that evening, and I gave some to him, leading him to believe it wasn't that bad. I should have got out the camera and snapped a picture of his face after he took a drink, I can't duplicate that. He's still trying to think of how to get me back.
On Saturday Kevin's dad brought the piano up from Devils Lake. I was very excited to finally be getting a piano, even if it is on loan. Apparently, so was everyone else, because that piano got played and tinkered with all saturday and into the evening. Isabella loves it, and I realized it might actually be easier to teach her some fundamental piano stuff than any other instrument. It kept its tune for 90 miles, it wasn't really that heavy to lift in, and now I finally have a piano to screw around on while we have friends over playing cards. I'm sure you guys all love the guitar/ukulele music, but a little change is nice. right? Right.
On Sunday we had an awesome storm. Northwood would disagree (at least the trailer park that got flattened by a tornado), but I saw the coolest lightning display ever during the "Tornado warning" period in East Grand Forks. The bad news "cottonball" clouds were even there. Unfortunately, all that water made our basement flood again. At work too.
Isabella starts Headstart on her birthday! Karissa did the registration stuff (I was too wiped out after my shift), and this afternoon we bought her a Dora backpack that she'll be able to use there. We have to watch our language now, though, because we can all be reprimanded for it there. Dammit.
I'm working on the next page of Golden Brown right now, but I'm not sure how hard this page will be, plus I'm having trouble finding good time to work on it. So I can't promise it'll be out on time this week, but I'll try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<