Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Snakes on a Sketchpad



I haven't posted any artwork for a while, so here's some! This one's an oldy. It's graphite (pencil), and it had been rolled up and squiched a bit over the years.

Back in high school, my girlfriend and I were going through some rough stuff. She was living in another town, and having trouble dealing with being in a long-distance relationship. A friend of mine was going out with a friend of hers in her town, and I overheard a little gossip that he was cheating on her. So, I told her. My girlfriend got mad (she was not sure of the validity of the info), argued with me, the guy got mad at me, and I wound up feeling like a big jackass for doing what I thought was right. Being an overly dramatic 17-year-old, I drew this. These are snakes of conscious thought. All the little conflicting emotions running through the teenage mind nip and bite and tear at eachother until all are torn apart. Down below sits a demon (I know I said I was being overly dramatic) mourning over the fact that he introduced these volatile serpents and feeling every ounce of their pain.

I was getting pretty good, though, at drawing me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I always knew that deep down you were a drama queen. ;)

I'm sure it'll make you feel better about the situation knowing that I think you did the right thing. It makes you feel better, right? Cuz' I know you are still upset about it, right? Yup, I'm a good helper.

11:41 PM  
Blogger April said...

That whole explaination got me very confused... I do not remember that situation I guess... but uh, nice snakes.

no really, nice snakes... on a sketchpad... not on a plane.

8:57 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

April-
I left names out, maybe that's why it doesn't ring a bell. It happened in highschool, I'm surprised I remember it.

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<