Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Doctor Rage Fading, Gimme 20cc Golden Brown Root Beer, Stat!

Thanks for letting me bitchalittle.
I took Isabella to Aurora on Saturday, because she was screaming every time she peed. I mentioned her experience with the doctor at Altru, and the Aurora doctor almost went out of his way to make sure Isabella & I knew what he was going to do before he did it, and always kept a soft voice when speaking to her. To his credit, he may already be a gentle doctor, but I liked that he listened to me about this. Isabella didn't have to pee or anything, so he put a baggy on her to get a urine sample, which she wouldn't give until the next morning (it was a plastic thingy made for that purpose).
Yes, she did have a urinal tract infection, and yes, it was enough pee that we wouldn't have to resort to a catheter. I was also happy that he wanted the catheter as an ultimate last resort for her because of what she'd already been through.
So now she has a UTI and constipation, so she's taking a laxative and an atibiotic. But, she is getting better, and she's annoying the hell out of us with her sudden regained energy. Today she was copying everything I was saying to Karissa. It was in her weird 2-year-old language, but you could tell.
Needless to say, we're planning on making the big move to Aurora. Unfortunately that means giving up Dr. Zelesky, who has always been very good to us, but we just got sick of the service on the doctoring end.
I'm thankful right now that Kevin didn't go general practice. I think he would have made a great doctor, but would have been up to his elbows in patients, and be called constantly by those who just couldn't deal with the shit doctors. And then he couldn't make me steaks (or brats) or help me out with our root beer experiments.
Speaking of root beer...
Karissa found me a cheap root beer that tastes pretty decent. It's called Frosty root beer. She found it at Pamida, which makes me nervous, because Pamida sucks, and I wouldn't be surprised if they closed soon. The first good thing to come out of a Pamida for me, and I'm worried about how much longer I'd be able to get it. We found Zota soda root beer just before they stopped selling it in our town, too.
A new page of Golden Brown will be up Friday. It's been done since last week, but you know me...
I do, however, have a little surprise, but you'll have to wait until next week to get it. Tehee!

2 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

I am so happy to hear that you found another doctor that you like and it is wonderful that he took his time with Isabella and did not traumatize her like the other doctor.

11:41 AM  
Blogger lunacypoppa said...

Unfortunatly I will not make it to Rev. Horton Heat. Its good to here bella's doing better. We might be riding that way around the 18th, I'll let you know for sure.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<