Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, August 22, 2005

Trash Diving

Now I would swear that I had sent off just about every form needed for enrollment into the academy, but looking at my personal "to do" list online told me that I had like 7 different forms not received, most of them due back in early July. Oops. Luckily, I'm dealing with people who know how to do their jobs, and my financial aid advisor was able to fax me most of the forms I needed so I could take care of them right away.
The point to this paragraph? Well, they were faxed to Travelodge, where I found them waiting for me in my folder (all employees have folders in a little file case to keep their time cards and what-not). I took them out, set them on the counter next to some newspaper ads, and by morning accidentally scooped them up with the old ads and tossed them in the trash.
I didn't work Saturday, so tonight I shoveled through a dumpster full of three days worth of garbage. It would have taken another day or two to get copies re-faxed, so I did the old CSI thing, slapped on a pair of rubber gloves, and rooted through garbage, trying to recognize the very trash bag holding the documents that would help me pay for school.
11 bags later, I found them!
And don't worry, I re-sanitized my hands before returning to work.

4 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

eewwwww....that's gross. I never figured you for dumpster diving, but hey, at least you found your paperwork. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come or anything.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Josie, group organizer said...

Isn't it sad what you will do for those pieces of paper. I swear someone must be laughing getting off on it otherwise the system would be changed by now.I look at all the rules and paperwork and it just amazes me what simple things will take forever to fix.

1:01 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I couldn't say how many pieces of paper I've signed now. Like I said, though, I've been lucky to have to deal with people who know how to do their jobs well.

1:44 AM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

haha dumpster diving. and ya know what? I'd do exactly what you did if I knew for sure they'd be in there. School shit is hell.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<