Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Time's Moving Along, Start Practicin'!

It's getting to crunch time for me with my ceramics project. My portfolio is due the 29th, and I still haven't done my paper. My plan was to finish my illustrations and work on it during the weekend at work, when I had more time to concentrate.
Nuts to that idea. Saturday we had a wedding at the motel, and I couldn't concentrate on anything because half the party was in the breakfast room until 3:30am, and I had to clean everything up, also partly because the breakfast person delegated the cleaning duties to the morning desk girl, who delegated it to the afternoon guy, who's partly lazy.
Then Sunday the same situation (minus the wedding) happened, and I got slammed with laundry until around 7am. So I got nothing done except some reading Friday.
On the bright side, i finally got my new laptop battery. It came all the way from China, but it was worth it, because I only paid like $75 for it, when normally this type wold cost over $100. I've gone so long without it, it's weird now having a laptop that actually feels portable. Stupid, huh?

Anyway, Karissa & I are thinking of coming up over the weekend of August 12th. It's the only weekend I have off before I have to start getting ready for school, and I thought it might be a good time to jam on one of those days, between the 12t-14th, if that works with both Kevin and Amadon's schedules.

11 Comments:

Blogger April said...

They can MAKE time darnit!

1:46 PM  
Blogger April said...

oh, and am I invited to this jam session. I'll keep my mouth closed the WHOLE time if you want!

1:46 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Karissa's coming, so I would assume you're invited. the only problem I foresee is Isabella. She likes loud noises, but I'm worried about how much she can take before she gets upset, and I don't want Karissa having to take her upstairs and wait for me or anything.

6:37 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Oh yeah, how big is the space we'd be playing in? I was just wondering because I've never seen the basement of an office building before. Also, is this for sure an okay thing? Like not something that will get Amadon into trouble?

6:40 PM  
Blogger April said...

In my opinion, it is a little small, I mean you'll be able to set up, but it'll be a tight fit, no more room than what you had in your old basement room. It is all offices and businesses, so I think you'll be fine playing around like 8 or 9pm.

11:26 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

My old room was 12'x12'. Josie mentioned in one of her posts, though, that there is some stuff in there for storage, which would make it a little smaller. I just don't want to be pressed drum head to head stock when we're playing.

11:40 PM  
Blogger April said...

yeah, I guess it really is that small... you may want a backup plan.

1:16 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

So, are we doing something that weekend then, or not? Jeez, it seems like I have to all out piss someone off just to get an answer from them...Amadon...

6:39 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

Looks like you are right Doug.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL no.. I jsut kinda go in waves and havn't checked back on your blog in a few days.

I'm up for playing any night.. although on friday, sat, and sun night it's tough cuz I have Case then.

There is a lot larger space in the crappy creepy unfinished 2/3 part of the basement.
There are a lot of boxes in there but that's easily remedied.

One problem. No light. Not that there is not fixtures.. but the bulb(s) are burned out.

also I'm not sure what there is for outlets in THAT room. I know there are some in the semi-furnished area.. but that's too small and now filled with our storeroom junk.

I think the crappy room will add to the atmosphere.

shit. the 12th is a night I have case..

Hmmm

I'll think of something.


Also right now I'm trying to get my guitar adjusted well. I found that with the strings nice and close that the lowest F on the guitar was a dead note cuze it nearly laid on the next fret up.
Now that I have it so it doesn't do that the strings are up way too fucking high.

Hopefully I'll have it good to go by then. If not ahh well.. it still plays.


Also, I don't think it'll be a problem playing there.. There is not much close residential by the store and noone will be there that late in the building proper.

Also it's a basement.

Later!


Amadon

11:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way did I mention that I'm pissed at how much I SUCK!

I'm so rusty.


Oh, and when I was talking about outlets and lights.. I forgot to say that what I was getting at is bring extension cords and power strips if you have them. The more the merrier.

Also any goofy 1/4 adapters you may own.. who knows what we will end up needing.
Mainly me. I use Puerto Ricans old stereo still. And with my guitar and my (new) DigiTek rp100 who knows what I'll need or forget.

Also I have the intention of putting the single coils back in the dean for this for fun... :)

Wanna borrow it for a few years again Doug? hehe


I'm so phsyched! (sp?)

This should be fun!


Amadon

12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<