Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, August 05, 2005

Ok, I'll tell...

Ok, so I didn't really have a shitty night at work so much as just exhausting. The previous post was mostly just to screw with you, and also because I was tired and realized I didn't feel like doing anything but go to bed.
I had to have to laundry done by the time the night person got there, because she had some other projects to do for the night. I figured I'd be busy, but that I'd be able to get it all done anyway.
During the course of 8 hours, I checked at least 35 people in, most of them walk-ins that take a little more time, and answered roughly 160 phone calls (an average of 5 per every 15 minutes). Aside from that, I exchanged pool towls, moved rollaways, and negotiated rates with virtually every Canadian there (not a generalization, I saw it on the registration card). The most frequently asked question: Are you sure that all you have are suites?
No. I'm just guessing. I was guessing when I told the person in front of you, as well as the person in front of them. Let me give you our special regular non-smoking room that I only keep aside for those that ask that question three times in a row. In defense of Canadians, that question was not restricted to those of the Northern pursuasion.
I didn't get out of the motel until 12:40, and I was almost falling asleep counting the money at the end. Then I got a call from the manager this morning regarding three guests staying together in 3 suites that got three rollaways but only paid for one. Long story short, they argued and haggled over the suite rate, and didn't think they should have to pay for the rollaways because their kids were sleeping on them (what the fuck!?). People were waiting to check in behind them, and the phone was, as usual, ringing off the hook. So, being the nice guy that I am, I gave them a break. I got in trouble for it, I know it wasn't exactly right, but I stand by that decision.
So that was my night. Tonight will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<