Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, October 09, 2011

Unfurling the Creative Process

I'm starting to fall into a comfortable groove with drawing.  My work area is set up as I like it, in an 8x10 room in the basement, with a little TV/VCR setup so I can let movies play in the background while I work.  It's a tiny room (more like a cell with walls of old wood and concrete, and I share it with some small old appliances and a white stove from the 1950s), but it doesn't really feel confining at all.  Everything I need is typically at arm's reach or a few steps away in the basement proper.  Every couple nights (hopefully every night when I stop pulling 12-hour days), I come down to my "cell" and draw for up to about an hour.  I feel good about my time spent down there, even if I didn't get much done. 

The Halloween show is coming along slowly but surely.  Things are getting done, and I'm very happy about that.  We just got our poster designed, The tickets have been printed and dispersed to the bands to sell--though I still need to find some derby girls willing to sell them as well--and I got a good radio plug during our interview at the Thief River Falls radio station.  The next couple weeks will be devoted to finding prizes for the costume contest and drawings, making sure my bands have what they need and are properly updated, and promoting the hell out of this thing. 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Hyena said...

Devoting time to your art after a full day's work is tough. Glad to hear that you've set up your own little cave in which to work ;)

11:05 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Some days it's impossible. But I feel better when I at least try.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<