Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life is...

I feel like I've been very busy lately.  But I don't think I really have been, haha.  In a given week I work anywhere from 9-12 hours, band practice on tuesdays, occasionally followed by a brief visit to the Hub to relax and check out whoever is playing Open Mic.  The rest of the days I'm usually down in the basement after Isabella goes to bed, doing a little drawing.  Fridays I've been going to the Firehall Theatre to watch B movie double-features.  Just about every other weekend we play a show, or volunteer for a Derby event.

It's not a terribly hectic schedule.  I feel like I'm making much better use of my time than I used to, though.  I love to have things going on, although occasionally I begin to feel rushed, and that's where it all stops being fun.  I was reading some argument in The Agony and the Ecstasy where Michelangelo had the thought that there should be no difference between the statements 'life is work' and 'life is for enjoyment'.  In our day and age there would be some kind of catchy saying that represents the same philosophy, I really don't care to know it.  I'd rather repeat those two statements in my head and hold the meaning to its fullest. 

I love that I can look at life right now and not feel dread.  For everything that is wrong in life personally and otherwise, it feels good to be human and experience all the highs and lows required to maintain that humanity.  I get scared by things like anyone, but it's an incredible challenge to see how far I can push that fear.  I'm arachnophobic, yet I'm fascinated by two funnel-web spiders in our basement.  I'm afraid of heights but it's still fun to climb rocks in Gooseberry Falls.  I'm afraid of speaking in public yet I'm the vocalist in a band.  I'm not a thrill-seeker, but I do feel the rush of facing your fears and testing your limits.

1 Comments:

Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Haha 9-12 hours a day, that is.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<