Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Singled Out

It's kind of weird to think sometimes that this is the first summer since 1997 that I've been single.  I've been single for around 9-10 months now.  Some still think it's odd that I would stay close friends with Karissa, but I guess that's just the way we are.  I was always cool with her seeing other guys, and would even be excited for her if she found someone she really liked--she is the same with me.  Somehow, that works for us.  I've never been a conventional person.  I'm proud of that.  Kevin once said I had "my" way of doing things, I like that. 
Unfortunately, I'm not the easiest person to live with.  I keep odd hours, I collect too much junk, I go off on night walks (yes I sometimes still do that).  Those are things about me that I wish not to change, with the exception of accomodating Isabella's schedule.  She is my #1 priority, and any prospective girl would have to know and understand that up front. 
Fortunately, I don't hate myself.  In fact, I love myself.  If I can't find a chick that would work for me, eh.  The world won't end.  Time won't stop.  I'm not the type that "needs" someone, anyone in their life just to make it complete.  I have my friends, colleagues, etc.  I cherish those relationships.  I often let them know when I'm drunk, hahaha!
It would be nice to have that girl to watch the sun go down with, say dirty things to me, all that fun stuff.  But if I gotta do that stuff myself, I'm cool with that too.  I got my drawing, my music, my whiskey, my friends.

3 Comments:

Blogger Internal Contradictions said...

your hand...lmao Nah I think you are right that you have to accept yourself to understand that the person you may end up with has good and bad to accept as well. It must be weird being single, but so wonderful to know what you want too.

9:37 PM  
Anonymous Hyena said...

Yeah, I know so many people who jump from one relationship to the next. I think they are afraid of having a relationship with themselves...not to sound like a sappy therapist. To stay close friends with your ex (that's such a negative word!) is a rare but awesome feat. When a child is involved, having a good relationship, even if it's no longer an intimate partnership, will really enhance her life.

9:45 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Hahaha my hand helps and hurts at the same time Jackie! It's nice to feel like I'm in control of what I want, like I'm not going to be assigned a mate.
Tiff-very true, I think they're terrified of being alone. I'm very lucky in that sense, since I enjoy being alone. Lol Karissa and I use 'ex' more for our own entertainment than a real word. She introduced me to some derby friends as her ex once this summer, I thought it was funny as hell. We parent Isabella the exact same as before, that was very important to us.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<