Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Skates and Psychobilly

Ever since we went to our first derby bout in Fargo over a year ago, Kevin and I thought it would be completely awesome to be one of the bands playing.  When Grand Forks started their league, we got even more excited because April and Karissa were joining, which made us feel involved in it by extension (the old 'riding coat tails' thing haha). 

Finally, our wish has been granted.  Last night The Mecan'tiKs played before and during the half, and it was awesome.  We needed the experience of playing in a sports arena so we could get a good idea of acoustics.  But overall, the experience was fucking great.  The game was enthralling, getting to play was a kick, I hope we get to do it again soon.

After the bout, I made my way to Zombie Fest to watch an Ozzy impersonator creep up and down the stage.  I was hoping to introduce my sister to some of the derby girls I've been getting to know (she's a loud and take-charge type as well), but she unfortunately had to take off early. 

Following Zombie Fest, I walked all the way to the Knights of Columbus where the derby after-party was being held, and after a beer or two convinced a few derby girls to defect with me to the Hub. 

I've said it before, I feel lately like I'm having too much fun.  I've been trying to think of how I should deserve to be having such a good time in the company of awesome chicks.  Perhaps I should just shut up and enjoy it, hahaha.  As they say, work hard/play hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<