Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Michelangelo

I love Irving Stone's portrayal of Michelangelo.  At least so far, anyway--I'm only about 1/8 of the way through The Agony and the Ecstasy.  I relate to Michelangelo's personality, especially how he relies on people but keeps them at arm's length.  He gets along with them fine, but seems to feel as though they have no business inside his head.  If not for the pseudoanonymity of blogs and facebook, I would not have been as approachable as I am.

I cannot relate to his artwork, obviously--his was a kind of genius mind that coordinated with his hands to create some of the most magnificent sculptures and paintings detailing human anatomy and emotion like few others of his time. 

I noticed recently a movie was made partly based on it.  While I am excited to check it out, I'm a bit disappointed in their casting of Charlton Heston as Michelangelo.  But whatever, it could still be good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<