Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Good Night

Last Saturday was an example of how a concert should play out. 

I got there before the other guys and chatted with the manager about details.  Soon after the boys from Rotting Thought showed up, so I helped them move their equipment in.  Cody showed up soon after, then Kevin.  Some minor hiccups (misplaced mic stands and us forgetting the bass amp), but we got everything going and both bands came out sounding great. 

The turnout was great, and afterward while I was getting paid, the manager asked if we'd be interested in coming out every other month to do a show there.  Hopefully we can keep people's interest long enough to get them out to the bar every couple months to see us. 

The whole experience is incredible to me.  I don't feel a need for roadies, I like moving the equipment in and out on my own, I like it when the bands themselves are setting up the PA.  I like interacting with the audience while we're setting up, and I fucking LOVE the feeling I get when I'm standing up there in front of the microphone with a guitar strapped on.  The only better feeling is when I make that guitar make noise.

I love when the crowd gets into it, but it doesn't matter much a few seconds into the song, I forget about everyone else.  Sigh, if only I could do this 40 hours a week with decent pay...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<