Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Busy Weekends, It Seems...

Our basement's still pretty dry. There are some wet spots, but no more than we usually get this time of year. I'm not crazy about taking the Kennedy Bridge detour twice a night, but at least that'll be done soon. On the plus side, I get to listen to more songs going to and from work.
The weekend before last, I took Isabella to A Knight For a Princess, a father-daughter dance. It was fun, and Isabella immensely enjoyed herself. We got there and ate the dessert sitting on our table before realizing we were supposed to wait and eat it after our supper, but oh well. We did the same thing last year, you'd think we'd learn. Next year, though, I'm definitely bringing company along.
Last Friday, Karissa and I got a new washing machine, but couldn't get it delivered (like we were told earlier) because Best Buy lost their delivery diver. So I had Kevin come with me the next day, thinking it'd be no big deal to stick it in the back of the van, but again-no deal. The box was 2 inches taller than the back door of the van, and I was told I could not put in on its side. Ben was nice enough to let us use his Durango, but when measuring it found it was also too small. I finally had the idea to call my cousin Cory, who was in town from Minneapolis for the weekend, to use his pickup (why we don't know anyone in town with a pickup is amazing!). Of course, his sister drove him, so no pickup. But his dad had one, so I convinced to Cory to help me and Kevin move the stupid washing machine.
It was was pretty cool to see my cousins when I stopped in. My uncle Paul lives in town, and I still hardly ever see him. He's got kind of a big family, and I haven't seen them in what seems like years. Cory was in town a few weeks ago, and he and I hit Mike's. They all went out on Saturday night, and I would have joined them (and Kevin & Butto later on), but I was really tired and went to bed like an old fart.
I found out the next day that my manager Becky had tried calling me the previous night because our weekend night auditor no-showed again. Unfortunately, she ended up doing the shift herself, and our weekend night auditor no longer works there.
On Sunday, we let Isabella hunt for Easter eggs outside, since the weather was nice. Later on we had a ham dinner and angel food cake with homemade sauce for dessert. You want to know how good that sauce was on the cake? Picture the best orgasm you ever had. Are you picturing it? Yeah, I bet you are...now picture it strawberry flavored.
This coming weekend, Karissa is going with her mom & sis to Minneapolis for a little mother-daughters vacation. I'm planning on helping my dad & brother move into their new digs, so Isabella & I are heading down to Devils Lake that weekend. I'm sure it'll all go okay, I'm still trying to adjust to the fact that my dad won't be living in that house anymore. I love that it's staying in the family, it's just that we've been driving down there at least every other month and staying a weekend with him since 2000. We can still do that, but now we go to his apartment instead of his house. I think it's just one of those little reminders of his mortality. He's been handing the holiday tradition duties over to Ang, the house (with all its chores and upkeep) to Jas, the family couch (which is unfortunately great for sleeping off hangovers) to me, and he's retired and going to live in a senior apartment complex a block from a cemetery. Gee, thanks Obama--all your talk about change and it's happening!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

Since 2001.

Obama wouldn't be happy with your lack of hope, and dissing change. You are sooo not a patriot.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<