Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, October 02, 2008

No More Politics! and Movies? I'm Wearing My B-String Now...

Karissa's watching the VP debate right now, I'm trying not to. All it does is make me angry, like everything else I see on CNN. The current housing issue sucks, but how many times can I hear that Wall St is to blame and the American people are not? YES the American people should share quite a bit of that blame! Do you know how much money you take home? Did you crunch your numbers to see if you could afford that house instead of just believing the bank or the realtor? To the candidates: Please, STOP pronouncing it "nuclear" as new-cue-ler! It's nuCLEar! You people sound like fucking country bumpkins when you say it like that.
Anyway, Karissa has been watching Bailey a couple days a week while we're waiting for her business to get going. It's taken a few days, but Bailey has warmed back up to me. When Karissa would leave the room, she didn't want anything to do with me, she wanted her and was pissed that she got stuck with me. But today, I played my guitar for her real fast and she was dancing and and smiling, and didn't realize that Karissa had even gotten up to go to the bathroom until she came out.
A new page of Golden Brown will be out by friday, as it always is. I do welcome comments, even derisive ones. I likey da feedback.
Speaking of which, holy shit it's 10/2, and I don't have my Halloween stuff up yet!! I gotta get it done!
I'm still planning a Halloween party for 11/1, I believe I've told you people all about it before, so make sure your night is cleared. Costumes are not required, but encouraged. I'm currently working on good Halloween music to be played during. I hope the snow holds off until after...like maybe until 12/15, or so...
What am I Watching?
Popcorn- Film students decide to put on an all-night horror film fest to help fund their new department (really? A Cailfornian college with a new, underfunded film dept?). To add to the experience, they rehash old theater traditions by renting out a soon-to-be-demolished historic theater, and stocking it with gimmicks, give-aways, and interactive props. Unfortunately, someone in the department has a hidden family grudge. Ugh...film types...The students in this movie acted like the drama students in my high school. Could just be the 90's acting, though. I really don't mind much the 80's & 90's music in horror flicks. It was mindless and without substance, but so is much of today's horror film music. The only difference is that horror films didn't require a separate release of soundtracks back then as they do now(see: Jason vs. Freddy, for example). The killing scenes were pretty okay, actually, at least for 1992. The back story being revealed near the end, however, fell kinda flat.
Last note: Wanna see how to make a proper soundtrack/score for horror flicks? See anything Rob Zombie has directed.
Microwave Massacre- An average joe is sick to death of his wife's "gourmet" cooking. After she gets a brand new microwave (very futuristic for 1983!), he goes off the deep end in a drunken rage and kills her. In morning, he realizes what he's done, chops her up and ends up cooking parts of her (he is starving, after all--I mean the poor guy hasn't had anything good to eat lately!). After dating a bit, he realizes he connects sex and food in his mind to produce a sexual cannibal fantasy.
I loved this movie. The small things first: Jokes about censorship where the bleep on tv comes before the profanity instead of over it, the constant Dangerfield-esque jokes about eating and sex, the boobs, the big swinging pendants. The big thing that struck me right away? Jackie Vernon playing the guy who eats his wife! Don't know who Jackie Vernon is? Here's a hint: "Frosty the Snowman was a jolly, happy soul..." Yeah, that's incredibly fucked up. Incidentally, this was also his last film.
Even Dwarfs Started Small- A film out of West Germany from 1971 about a group of inmates from an insane asylum that become fed up with the bad treatment of their keepers and go on a rampage throughout the grounds, causing much property damage, and apparently, merriment. Oh, and the entire cast is made up of little people. The only other known film to do that was Terror of Tiny Town, made in 1931. This was just bizarre. At points it really kind of drags on, but at other points it's at turns humorous and disturbing to watch. Two scenes toward the end, in particular, are both funny and creepy: one scene shows one of the institution staff going nuts himself and screaming at a fallen tree limb to stop raising its finger to him. The other is a prolonged scene in which one of the inmates is laughing hysterically at a camel that is trying to lay down but for some reason cannot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<