Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Goldren Brown Halloween Treat!





















Halloween was awesome. In case you can't tell, I dressed up as James Hetfield (didn't have time to draw in tattoos, though, that would have been awesome). Imagine my surprise and immense pleasure when I open the door and see who else but my very own Golden Brown waltzing through my door. I joked with Kevin before about putting together a Golden Brown uniform for him but was continually frustrated by the fact that I could not find the right hat or sunglasses. By pure luck Tab found sunglasses that are the best match I've seen so far, and Kevin actually made that hat from foam board, chicken wire, duct tape, and linen! For those of you who don't know by now (get out from under your fuckin rock!), I based Golden Brown's looks largely on Kevin, so when I first saw him I was practically speechless. You want to see how well he compares to the drawn version? Go to April's mom's blog to see them side by side.
I also made a life-sized coffin out of cardboard, which I left outside and didn't really look at for the rest of the night--but at least I have something to put my Halloween crap into now.
I was pretty happy with the elections, but not terribly surprised, given how the last couple weeks turned out. I'm glad the "important" votes turned out in Obama's favor.
This weekend there's a CD release party at the EGF Eagles' Club for a band called Shake the Sleeping Beauty. They've got some other bands coming to play with them, so I might check it out, and hopefully remember my walk home this time.
I've been able to post quite a bit on my What Am I Watching? blog, but I've been wondering if there's a way I could structure it to have consistent posts like the Bonedaddy blog. Unfortunately, the amount of movies I watch varies from week to week, so some weeks I might not be able to post much. I'm open to suggestions on this one.

1 Comments:

Blogger Penny said...

That frist picture of you and Kevin, you are looking at him like he is your favorite rock star, you know the one you never thought you would ever see in real life. HA HA HA HA great pictures. I guess that was about how you were feeling any way.

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<