Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, September 05, 2008

Political Groups, B-Day Shindig, Where Bands Play: What are PARTIES!

I guess I'm posting every other week these days. Makes the movie list longer, but oh well. Last week Kevin, Derek and I went to Mike's Pizza for Open Mike Night, which turned out a little disappointing. Isabella started her dance class, and now she's a ballerina on top of a princess. At least she likes it, though. Her birthday is rolling around, and we've decided to have a party for her Headstart class after we do the parties in DL & Fargo. How many kids get like 3 birthday parties a year? Seriously. We wanted to do something with our friends, too, but then Isabella would have to have a birthmonth instead.
I wound up through no fault of my own watching Karissa's National Conventions over the past couple weeks, and I have to say I am honestly scared for November to come. Watching people twisting and/or omitting facts to make their opponents look bad, the snide remarks flying around, people trying to shove the word "Maverick" down my throat, and so help me if I have to hear a bunch of fucking morons mindlessly break into the "U! S! A!" chant one more time...
Whew. Anyway, never fear, the political crap won't make it into the comic. I may take jabs at monks, women, fat people, myself, doctors, readers, the bunny ranch, art, current events (wait, no not current events), the elderly, women with odd nipples, and some twelfth thing, but I don't pander political in Golden Brown (by the way a new page should be up by the time anyone reads this).
I'm getting very excited for Metallica's new album! I think I've heard about 4 tracks from it now, and so far I love it. The new video is growing proof that Hetfield is trying to steal my look. That's okay, though, I'm trying to steal his chops. I've found lately that a good guitar exercise is to take clean riffs from their songs and play them. The picking is hard, but it helps develop good coordination of your fingers while trying to keep up a rhythm.
Scroll down a touch for the movie section.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

You know you're gonna vote in November, right? Yup.

You seriously need to have Hetfield do a DNA test. I still believe he's your real daddy.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<