Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Fiendly Face and a Change in the Scene



Can you believe I painted again? I had been watching bits and pieces of Haxan since Fall started (mostly I just fell asleep to the Franz Schubert music in the beginning). I had thought about doing some kind of picture of the devil from it, but then just last week Mark Poutenis (Thinking Ape Blues) beat me to the punch by paying homage and drawing up his own version. Oh well, I still wanted to do my own, so here it is. It looks just a bit unfinished, but I kind of like it that way, so it stays. This was the best I could get it photographed, though. The original is not quite so 'bright' red, it's got more brown in it. It's very low key, and I decided to do swirls, which are invisible here, but in other shots pick up too much surrounding light and make the whole thing hard to see in spots.

Sorry about the delayed posting. I didn't really feel like writing anything last Friday, I guess. Plus I don't have a comic this week--I've been working on my archaeological illustration, which has seemed more difficult than usual to nail down. You wouldn't believe how hard it can be to draw knots.

I've been looking for a record player for a while now, and on Friday I was getting frustrated that no 2nd Chance store has carried them for weeks now! Ever since vinyl records are coming back, people have been buying up the record players--thankfully, they don't much care for the actual records from 2nd Chance stores, just the ones of antique stores and new ones put out by bands who want to return to the vintage format (which I think is kind of cool). Anyway, I finally found a shitty-but-functional one from St. Vincent de Paul's! I finally got to hear Rod & the Cobras, and was able to dig out my old Dennis Larson album, not to mention getting to hear the Fantasia soundtrack and Alley Cat on the "slow" setting.

I've made a change to my blog this past week that I'm still developing. I will no longer be posting "What Am I Watching?" on this blog: I made a third one with the same name and will be posting movie reviews on there from now on. This way I can devote more time if need be to one particular movie at a time and provide better information about it. Find in in my profile, or just go HERE.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cara said...

Good work here Doug - the painting bothers me, so its doing its job.

2:35 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Ha, thanks, Cara! I aim to disturb.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Penny said...

I like it. I think there are a lot of people that would want a picture like that it's interesting and good. I would like to see the oringinal though.

5:55 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Penny-
Thanks! You may have to see it in person, because for the life of me I can't get it it to photograph right. Looks like a job for april!

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<