Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Happy Tree Friends


I was watching Ren & Stimpy, and that's what got me to thinking about this other cartoon. The episode I was watching involved Stimpy becoming addicted to tv, and the whole thing played out with this underlying adult theme of herion abuse. Stimpy even overdosed at one point, and went through severe withdrawals while sleeping on a cot in the basement. I'd seen this episode like five times in the past, and never really thought about it before (I didn't even think about the fact that their house is shaped like a tv).

Anyway, it got to thinking about this cartoon I found last year at Hollywood Video about the Happy Tree Friends.
If any of you have heard of this cartoon, you'd understand why I love it. If not, go to this address:
www.happytreefriends.com
You can play the videos right off the website.

I think my favorite character is Lumpy. Anyway, the first time you watch these cartoons, there's a really disturbing element about how they look and act that takes them to a human extreme, particularily in violent situations (which makes up most of the cartoon).
Anyways, I watched an entire DVD last year, and it disturbed me a little. That's how cool it is.

2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

I've seen this cartoon before (I think by your orders) and I think it is funny. Ren and Stimpy is still more grotesk, I think that is because this cartoon is too... "bubbly"

1:15 AM  
Blogger Janelle said...

I have never seen or even heard of The Happy Tree Friends. I will have to check that link out sometime after Cassie goes to bed.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<