Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

More About Those Things That Don't Bring In a Paycheck...

I have almost 2 of 4 panels drawn of the next page, hoping and praying I'll get it done by Friday...well, hoping, anyway.  I'm in the middle of a 3-day weekend, so one would think a little productivity would work itself in.
I managed to get the last page out a day late, hopefully that won't be the case here.  Ironically, I'm learning a bit more about Lucha libre after having drawn those first few pages, but other than mangling the spanish language, I didn't stray much from what it really is.  This story is difficult to work on, because it isn't a joke-a-page like Golden Brown was.  It's more involved with the general misery of the characters and their struggle to make something of themselves (gee, not digging into the ol' subconscious or anything, are we?), therefore there are pages of them doing absolutely nothing but remembering or coping, which can get kind of boring.  Oh well, it's my story, and if you don't like it, you're entitled to your go-fuck-yourself opinion.
 
I'm still in contact with those musicians, though we haven't got together yet.  I've gone farther this time than with other musicians, even to the point of making up a song list and practicing it on our own.  On one level, I'm excited, because I haven't come this far yet with musicians I didn't know.  On the other hand, it drives me crazy because since we haven't got together yet, I still believe I could get phased out before I could even get a chance to play.  If nothing else, I still have Open Mic, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<