Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Apparel of a Comic Musician

I finally got a new shirt at C'Mon Inn. We got new doug-awful uniforms in, deep-blue abortions we call shirts, but I don't have to wear them on account of my lowly position. I did, on the other hand get to nab one of the old button-up work shirts, so I finally get to wear a shirt I want to wear to work. Don't take this away from me, it's awesome. And don't look at me like that, either. Fuck you, it's a cool shirt. Stop snickering, seriously. And say that to my face! As soon as I'm done crying, I'll kick your ass!
Anyway, I should have another page of Banjo's Tune up by Friday. For some reason, I've been...working on it. I know, weird. During November and December, I'd been having a helluva time trying to get around to getting another page drawn up, but it feels a little better now. Plus the light/shadow is drawn better lately than in the first few pages of this chapter. I really should be drawing it on larger paper, but whatever. That's the kinda guy I am.
I finally got Golden Brown all revised, now I'm considering what I could possibly do with with it. I'm seriously thinking publishers won't give it a second look, at least not without wanting to cut certain parts out and making me put professional lettering in, which I'm not willing to do. My whole intention was to do all this old-school, even the lettering. Self publishing is an option, but I have to figure out who's reputable and who isn't. Plus, there's a lot of steps I have to take on my own, including press, and I don't know if I'm up for that.
I was contacted a few weeks back by a guy who wanted to get together and jam--he and his drummer friend are looking to set up a psychobilly group, which is right down my alley! I've been burned before by guys who say they wanna jam and then ignore my e-mails, but this one actually seems interested, and he bought an upright bass to learn on. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<