Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, September 05, 2009

My Interests Are Competing For My Time...

Under orders by Amber, I'm giving a little update.
Sorry I haven't been very consistent with my comic posting! I've been a little busier this past week or two. I haven't even finished penciling the next page yet. Jason Pierce asked me to design a logo for his band, Shovelhead, last week. I did a little "Mort Jester" for him, which got me some big kudos. I also started looking into more reference material for a tattoo idea for a cousin of mine, which I'd been putting off for a little too long now. If only I could get this kind of work on a consistent basis!
I've also had the opportunity to hit Open Mic for the past couple weeks, which has been a blast. I fuck up a couple songs here and there, but overall it feels great to play again, and I'm glad I got over my little fear of performing in front of people (even if it isn't that many). Last week, Kevin got to watch me play finally, which was cool. He convinced me to play Little Red Riding Hood again, and again everyone knew what song I was playing by the first chord. I also got to try out a new song, called Megalomaniac Blues, which I'm very fond of. After I finished, a middle aged guy walked up and told me he liked my rendition of St. James Infirmary, which was one of his favorite songs.
Now on to working on the next page of Banjo's Tune!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<