Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, July 04, 2009

Last Coupla Weeks...

What a couple of weeks!! We lose Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays AND Karl Malden. Tornadoes within city limits. I lose a job. I get to jam in my garage. I get a job. I get to go to the Drive-In again. What's that? Oh yeah, I totally got a new job. I start at the C'Mon Inn Monday doing courtyard maintenance. I'll also help out at the front desk every now and then, but mainly I get to help maintain the jaccuzis, clean meeting rooms, security, all the fun stuff! I hope I like it.
I'm sick of hearing everything about Jacko and nothing about anyone else who's dying. Billy Mays, who as far as we know was NOT on any kind of drug, worked his ass off and promoted products he really believed worked. Farrah Fawcett was a mediocre actress who had cancer and wanted it documented, which in my eyes is still more tv-worthy than all frickin tributes to Jackson. Anyone know who Karl Malden was? I've seen him in a few movies, but the one I will always respect him for was his character, Father Barry in On the Waterfront--my favorite character, I might add.
Kevin and I ducked out of the open mic night early to go make some music ourselves. He got on the bass and learned some basic bass lines to a couple songs with me, and we actually sounded pretty good! At least, we sounded as good as we could not being a full band. I could use some drums on some of these songs. But, I got a bassline to play with, I can't complain.
Last night Karissa and I went to the Drive In again to see Gran Torino. It was actually a lot better than I thought it would be. And I would totally live at the drive in. Seriously. When we move, I'm hoping I will be able to make a little mini-drive in of my own at our new house, whenever the hell that'll be.
Oh, and more pages of Banjo will appear soon, just not for a little bit due to the unintended hiatus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<