Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Things To Do in June

Last Friday we took off for Devils Lake for the weekend. Karissa hadn't seen my dad's new place yet, and had to adjust to the fact that we're staying with me dad, but not at my dad's "house". I'm still getting used to it myself.
On saturday morning we only had to walk two or three blocks to meet up with everyone else to watch the Devils Run parade. It was fun, but that parade gets longer every year. I can't believe the kids all had such a good time! Between snatching up candy off the road, yelling "car" every time they saw a car, and running back and forth, they were nothing but smiles.
I went with Kevin & Butto that afternoon to help an old lady wearing plastic gloves move an antique dresser she bought from Kevin's mom's place into her storage unit. She was so thankful to us "young men" that she offered to buy us all a beer. Then I made them stop at a couple other antique stores in DL (two men antiquing is gay, but what does three mean?) before we headed over to Derek's "shop tour". We really didn't need a tour of a shop we've been in many times, but we thought we'd check it out.
Later that afternoon, we stopped in at Jason's house (formerly my dad's house, still weird) and had brats & burgers. His girlfriend Amber is inthe motel biz too, so she and I got to vent a bit about the things that piss us off about people.
Isabella got to go to the park with Ang & her kids, where they had more Devils Run stuff going on. Karissa and I went out that night to Derek & Tab's garage party, where I frittered away half of the night, inebriatedly pounding on my guitar among the conversation and smores-eating, and spent the other half sitting by the boombox listening to Derek's CD's, which was a treat because even though we have the same taste in music, he's got CD's I don't.
Last night I was hanging out in my garage, working on my upright bass. In case you don't remember, I got a little voice in my head last year telling me "if you build it, they will come." Well, I didn't make anybody come, but I did successfully build an upright bass out of cardboard. As proud as I was of having built it, I was pissed about the fact that I couldn't get much sound picked up on the pickup I made for it. Over Spring I've been working on it, only making things worse. But when I finally took the pickup out and placed it just under the bridge to hold it there, I found the sweet spot where all the sound was being picked up. So I finally made the bass work properly! I'm excited about my prospects of experimental recording now.
Next week we're off to Duluth! Last time we were there was in 2004. It'll be Isabella's first time there, so it'll be fun for her to see the place like I did when I was her age.
We should be back in time for Art Fest, then the weekend after is Wendy & Ryan's wedding (I think), then the Fair is in town, and before we know it, it'll be July! My Doug this month is a busy one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tab said...

I think three guys antiquing is just extremely gay!! :)

12:30 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Naaaw, I think the third guy neutralizes the gay. Now if Derek had been with us, it would have reversed it again and turned us super gay.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<