Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quite a Weekend...

Wow, my last post actually had some comments on it--maybe I should tell more stories about nutjobs?

This weekend I took Isabella to my dad's while Karissa took her mom & sis on a little girls vacation to Minneapolis. I was supposed to help him and Jas move in, but they had time during the week, so they went ahead without me. I like the apartment, but I'm still getting used to my dad being in retirement and not living at the house he was in for over 20 years. At least it stayed in the family, and I know Jas & Amber will take good care of it.

That friday I had a bit to do around the house, and eventually found I had no time to sleep. Somehow I made it through the day and actually felt pretty good driving to Devils Lake. I slept like a log that night (I guess logs sleep, that sounds like utter baloney but since I said it, it's true).

Isabella obviously didn't care where Grandpa lived as long as she got to see him and color pictures and watch movies at his place. She wasn't complaining either, when he wanted to buy her a bicycle. Speaking of which, she's super excited to try it out outside, and it's exciting to us that she's old enough to take on a bike (with training wheels, of course).

On Saturday, I took Isabella over to Tab & Derek's where she colored, farted and let Tab paint her fingernails green and purple (but not her toes). After making Tab promise to color a picture of Sleeping Bauty and mail it to us, we headed back to my dad's place to eat. That night, I went out bowling with Tab & Derek. My hand is still sore, but I had a lot of fun and really sucked by my third game. Wendy & Ryan came out, too, with Farnum, but he was tired so she ended her night a little early. We moved on over to the 11th frame afterward, but the joint wasn't very lively, so we got a couple pizzas and headed back over to Tab & Derek's, where we watched Dazed and Confused and the second half of Deathproof (because Ryan wanted to watch something with a car).
It was kind of weird, because I haven't been under any real stress lately, but just hanging out, barely buzzed on my 2 1/2 beers and watching a movie I've seen 20 times was exactly what I needed to have a good time. Kind of like when you're really craving swiss cake rolls, and you go get swiss cake rolls.
Of course, I did virtually the same thing at my dad's, so one could say I spent the weekend kicking back.

On Sunday I hung out (NOT hungover for once) with my dad and got to partake in the first cooked meal in his apartment-chili--then went over to Jas' place to take his bass amp off his hands. Amber gave Isabella a little stuffed dolphin, which Isabella wants to bring to school & show everyone now. On the way to Jas' house, Isabella and I had a very frank discussion about 'grandpa dying'. I had to explain to her that yes, one day grandpa will die, yes, it's okay to feel sad about it but you can remember all the good times youhave with him, no you can't just get a new grandpa, but we don't have to worry about it right now, because he won't die for a while yet. I felt so bad for her because she was nearly in tears contemplating my dad's mortality, but I didn't want to sugarcoat things, and we are certainly NOT the family that would tell her he'll go to be wih Jesus and be looking down upon us from Heaven.

It was quite a weekend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ron Morrison said...

How about ninety proof? You might want to bink on Kevin P Miller...he got to me on Twitter from some guy in The Netherlands...

7:33 AM  
Blogger Ron Morrison said...

I think you will find what he does interesting...

8:34 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Ron-
I perused some of the articles, seems like stuff I could get into reading. He really comes down on the pharmaceutical profession! I'll have to check out some more of his stuff. I don't even want to get saddled with blood pressure medication for the rest of my life, I couldn't imagine being stuck on stronger stuff. The drinking water bit gets scary, too.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Ron Morrison said...

It just seemed strange that he would end up on my blog...

10:52 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

It is kind of weird, his stuff has really nothing to do with yours. Very random.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<