Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Drinking Crow

I found MORE guitars at thrift stores! Every time I think 'okay, I'm done now,' I see one that I find could be useful or that has a different dsign to it. This time, I found two, and neither are for me. The first one is a first act 1/2 size student guitar. We were considering getting a guitar for Isabella, but wanted to wait to actually give it to her until about X-Mas time. The price was right, the size will be okay by the time she gets it, and it actually sounds pretty good for a tiny guitar. The second one is an electronic guitar that has motion-activated "strings"--no strings at all, actually, but simulates the sounds through strumming motions. There's also rock/metal settings, and an option to play with a "band". I got it for Aiden, since he like to play mine, but now at least he won't hurt his little fingers on the strings.


We took Isabella to her last dance class of the season on Friday. Karissa's mom & sis stopped by the class to pick her up and whisk her off for the weekend, so she was very excited about that. We might have done more fun stuff that night, but we ended up being too tired.


On Saturday, we finally got out to do yardwork. I got to mow my lawn! I also got into my garage and cleaned it out a bit, clearing room for instruments to go, hopefully soon. I told Kevin I'm taking those drums of his back with me next time we're up in DL.


That night, we had a little party at our house to celebrate the snow finally being gone. I tried Old Crow this time instead of my usual Jack. I even hoisted my Jolly Roger over my garage!












Kevin suggested an interesting idea of putting lil' smokeys into sandwich buns, which turned out great, so I implemented it for breakfast as well. Karissa made a bunch of other stuff, too, like beef dip, spinach dip, a deli spread, and fruit pizza, so none of us went hungry.


It was a very fun night.

On Sunday morning, Karissa and I (not hung over, by the way) went to her mom's place to get Isabella and have some lunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<