Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, November 07, 2005

A New Assignment


My next assignment for Analysis of Form:
To draw from a photograph, using grids. To do this, we had to select a photo from a list, which we will have to draw a grid over and turn upside down to draw. Not very surprisingly, I picked Jack.




I haven't heard much back yet about the practice. I'm sure Kevin's schedule will coincide, but we still don't know how Amadon's will, nor whether he will be able to find a babysitter for that Friday. I never did get the tablature for Heart of Thorns from Amadon (Bastard!), but I did manage to get a basic idea of how it goes, at least so I could get it on Guitar Pro. I'm still working on ideas for the chorus, even a little revision of lyrics, which I'll have to run by Amadon.
I e-mailed Puerto Rican last week about jamming, and he works overnight that Friday. I don't know yet, maybe we can get together with him during the day, though I don't know he works his sleep schedule.
I would like to make a request for Amadon and Kevin, though. That means that April & Josie are going to have to get them and make them read this. What I was thinking is that maybe you guys could think of a couple of covers (preferably at least somewhat within our abilities) you would like to do, and post them in my comments. Think about how hard solos or drums might be, too, because I don't like have to cut entire parts out of songs just because we can't play them.

Oh, and if anybody watches Adult Swim, I would recommend watching Boondocks. It's a cartoon based on a comic strip, and after seeing the first episode, I am really surprised that Cartoon Network has agreed to take on the show. You might really like it, you might think it's just another political cartoon, you might be offended by the old black guy in the first episode singing "Watch out for them new niggas over there" to a bunch of rich white folks, or the boss's son demanding a little kid to shoot him to show how good his flak jacket is.
Just watch the fucking cartoon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I wonder how long it will be before you get a reply from
Amadon....

9:33 PM  
Blogger April said...

yeah, right.

Don't hold your breath. The only thing that would make him post now, is to defend the fact that we all think he'll be too LAZY to post. mwaaahahhahha

I'll pass it onto Kevin, and NAG the hell out of Amadon and Josie to find a sitter.

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea yea... honestly I forgot that I was supposed to supply tab for the origonal riff I wrote. I'll have to put that together at work since my guitar is there.

Might be a couple days from now.. not sure. I have to go to court tomorrow. Child support BS.

Later!

Amadon

11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's the tab for the basic riff... I didn't put the intro in.. it's basically the first part as a chord that palm muted.

http://dvl.midco.net/orders/heart%20of%20thorns%20tab1.gp4

Amadon

12:53 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Glory Be! Amadon learned Guitar Pro!
I got impatient waiting for the tabs, so I tabbed it out myself, and it's pretty much exactly the way you did it. The end part was a little different. I just e-mailed what I have so far on Guitar Pro. My problem is trying to figure out a riff for the chorus that doesn't just sound like an extension of the verse.

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<