Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, November 04, 2005

Easy on the Eyes

Just thought I'd throw in an update on my classes. This week, it's all about the face. This has been one of the most fun modules I've had to work on yet. After this it will be hands and feet, two things I hate doing, so I'm living it up right now.
Basically, we had to draw eyes, noses, ears and mouths, and then do a full portrait rendering of a friend--live. The live part sucks, but if I can find a photo with good lighting, then I can just do that for now.
I wasn't very impressed with my noses and ears, because I did them in graphite, which I feel I've moved on from. I did the eyes and mouths in charcoal, and they look much better in comparison. I bet you can't guess which mouth or eye belongs to which celebrity or other well-known figure...


By the way, the video is by Strapping Young Lad (ironic, since their lead singer has a horseshoe bald spot), called "Love?" The video is very obviously based on Evil Dead, which is most of the reason I posted it. But main riff is awesome, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

clever post heading... I like it.

I want to see the rest of the assignment!

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<