Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, May 15, 2005

My Own "Baby Einstein" and Thompson's Fine Dine

About two days ago, Karissa and I were playing with Isabella like usual. She got up to go to the bathroom, and made me keep Is from crawling through the doorway before closing the door. So I'm laying there playing with her, and she's got this Carebear music thing, where you push on the Carebear's tummy, and it makes music. I push the button, music plays, gets her attention. She crawls over to it, looks at it, and slowly puts her little index finger on the Carebear's belly. This may not seem like anything big to you guys, but I just watched he "comprehend" that she has to push that little button to play the music! I kept thinking of that music that plays during the Dawn of Man.
We went out to eat with Kevin's and April's families tonight. It was fun, because we ate at the Fireside Bar & Grill in Thompson, and it was actually a nice place to eat. It reminded me of Trapper's Kettle outside of Medora, only smaller and with less traps.
I'm currently in the middle of illustrating a portrait of Franz Boaz. I'm not gonna tell any of you who this guy is, you'll just have to find out for yourselves. I will post the pic when I'm finished with it, though. If I can get some ceramic samples for that Cyprus project, I'll post those illustrations too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

I know who Franz Boaz is. I'm sure you've told before who he is but I couldn't remember so I googled him. Big fucking surprise that's why you are drawing him.:)

11:52 AM  
Blogger April said...

I love google.
Franz Boas is called the "father of modern anthropology" for his pioneering work on race, culture and language. Boas trained the first generation of American anthropologists including Ruth Benedict, Alfred L. Kroeber, Robert Lowie, Margaret Mead, and Edward Sapir. Boas (organized) designed the Jesup Expedition as an ambitious comprehensive project on the cultures and history of the North Pacific region focused on the question of human migration from Asia across the Bering Strait. Between 1897 and 1903 Boas secured funding, fielded research teams, and over the next three decades, edited and supervised Expedition publications in addition to his other writing.

1:49 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Good job April! And sorry about the "z" in the last name, I get caught up with the "z" in the first name.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

wahoo I didn't have to do the work to figure out who the guy was thanks to april but thats really cool! Thanks for the knowledge compelty something I never would have known before. I love how your blog is always trying to challenge everybody.

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<