Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Those Damned Colors!

I posted a comment on Karissa's blog that might look like I was mad when I wrote it, but I wasn't--I was just setting the record straight.
Anyway, I went to see the student films today. There were only three, so we had to watch some of last year's movies as well. They were actually pretty good for amateurs. I've seen quite a bit with that kind of quality to them.
I tried to see Dr. Leach about the Cyprus project, but she was in a meeting, so that fixed that idea but good. I was hanging out in the student lounge for a bit, then I realized I had to work today (I worked at 4pm, I realized I worked at 11:30 am, so it's not like I was late or anything).
Fred, who works the night shift at Travelodge and is quitting, talked to me last week about an investment he's getting into. Some guy he knows in Dallas bought a $100,000 printing machine to reproduce professional art prints. They're trying to invest in amateur art (that's GOOD amateur art) to trade and sell internationally. He's really excited about this because his internet business has taken off by leaps and bounds, which makes him a financially comfortable guy. He wants me to contribute something with the hopes that someone somewhere might like it and want an expensive print. Here's the catch: it has to be in color. Okay, it doesn't HAVE to be, but he doesn't know how a black-and-white would sell, so a color would be a much better bet. But this means I have to wipe off the charcoal and start trying to play nice with...colors!! I don't have much experience with colors, and blending frustrates me, so this could prove interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josie, group organizer said...

I want to see pastels! A dark, intricate, thought provoking piece in pastels. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

Good for you!!!! I know you don't like color but at least it'll force you to try and maybe you'll end up with something your really proud of.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<