Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, March 07, 2005

"Like the Coldest Winter Chill..."

I had to do an assignment which involved tombstone rubbings (for once, something fun), but, like an idiot, I wait until today to do it. So, I went out around 6:30 pm, and imagine my surprise when I feel the wind pick up and a chill creep in. I had to look for tombstones with death dates in the years 1917-1918, which is not aas easy as it sounds, especially when half the cemetery is covered in foot-high drifts, and the other half in six inches of water (which couldn't freeze fast enough). I got one rubbing, took some pictures that were obscured by snowflakes, and probably gave some of the drivers by a good depiction of a guy wandering through a windy cemetery looking for something he can't find--you know, a dramatic movie scene. I soaked my socks right through, and still managed to show up home with McDonalds.
April came over tonight to do laundry then watched the movie Saw with me & Karissa, which is an extremely cool movie. I couldn't believe how fucked up the ending was, especially with the guy on the floor (that's all I'm saying!). The Fear Factory video was a little cheesy, though.
April & Kevin were both over earlier, too. Looks like Kevin's finally brave enough to hold Is! He said he was more comfortable with her now after having dealt with people who've had strokes. It's weird, but that actually makes sense. They're trying to get us to move to DL--ain't gonna happen. I persuaded myself to stay in GF for another year, but DL is there's nothing for me career-wise in DL, and I'm not putting Is through the DL public school system.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs S said...

If I would have seen you out there I would have called the police!! lol I'm all for respect of the dead. And you wouldn't have caught me anywhere near a cemetary tonight the wind was really creepy.

I hated the ending of saw there is no way that guy could have laid there that long like that. An idea of a twist at the end was neat I just didn't like it in that way. The movie was really cool though even though I have a weak stomach lol.

1:48 AM  
Blogger April said...

I imagine you looked pretty funny out there in your black trench coat (and long hippie hair) sneaking around like some kind of creep. But at least you got your assignment done. So now do you have to follow up on the person you rubbed... hahaha that sounded funny. I mean do you have to be all anthropologist like and research this person. That would actually be kind of neat.

6:25 PM  
Blogger April said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:25 PM  
Blogger Josie, group organizer said...

Yeah I wouldn't put my kid through the DL school system either. There is no way in hell.

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<