Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Friday, February 25, 2005

Amadon actually commented on my blog?

I was surprised and totally sobered reading Amadon's comment on my pinch harmonics post (I wasn't drunk, I meant sobered as in my attitude).
I think you admitted a little more than you thought. It's cool, though. It's good to hear you not being overly optimistic or deluded about where our friendship has been and is going. I don't mean that we'll never hang out again, but I kidded myself for the longest time that you and I were above and beyond other friends (does that sound a little gay?). At one point, I realized that apart from the issues that arose between you and me, you'll still always be that guy that I can jam with. I haven't ever met another person that I could just sit down and play guitar with without worrying that I didn't sound good enough.
I'm still confident that we'll all play together again. It probably won't serve any purpose other than a precursor to a party, but at least we'll have some fun again.
I probably wouldn't get so sentimental about a comment, but I read something deeper. Besides, last weekend I brought in my 400watt amp and cranked it up, and playing it nice and loud took me back. Plus, there was a short period one night where all my pinch harmonics were DEAD ON, and I sounded awesome. I feel a little nostalgic when my ears ring.
This past month Revolver (magazine about rock) came out with a "fallen heroes" theme, recalling some other musical legends (and, unfortunately, Kurt Cobain YET AGAIN), and it included Dime's final interview plus DVD of him playing some riffs. I've seen it about eight times now in several different gas stations and book stores, and I still can't bring myself to buy it. They should have brought Nathan Gale's corpse to the funeral so everyone there could take turns kicking him in the balls as they left.
Oh well, we rage on, don't we?

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

It is nice that both of you can be so...open... with your... feelings... and stuff. that didn't sound gay at all... okay maybe just a little bit... more like metro... yup.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<