Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Champagne For My Real Friends, and Real Pain For My Sham Friends"...

It's weird to think how my social base has expanded and evolved over this past year.  I used to have a definitive circle of friends, never really ventured far outside it, and never wanted to. 
At one point, I met "The Boys".  When I started doing Open Mics in 2009, they were the first ones to hear me play and became big supporters.  They gave me a receptive audience, took me into their fold, even made me one of them for a few months (I extinguished my membership for my own reasons).  They also opened the door for me to meet other new people, especially musicians in and around Grand Forks. 
When The Mecan'tiKs started playing, we found a community of musicians accepting us and we love being part of that.  When Karissa joined the roller derby, I was slower than I should have been in trying to socialize , but have found fairly recently that the girls involved in that are cool as hell. 
It's even weirder to think that I used to be terrible at making friends, but now in the band I'm the "networker" of the three of us--even though Kevin is the real social bug who can schmooze people. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Internal Contradictions said...

music and derby have given Jeremy and I a place to be comfortable. they people are generally awesome and make us more "normal" That includes you and Karissa. So happy for that part of my last year

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<