Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Inked and Loud...

I've been trying to revive some long-neglected projects lately.  I hadn't worked on Banjo's Tune in a long time, and I figured it's high-time to get back to work on it.  I still have a story in there, even though it's vastly different from Golden Brown. 
Speaking of Golden Brown, I also decided to do an "in-between" story--only a few pages long, and not anything that leads to a real story.  I just want something to precede what might become another Golden Brown story without having to worry right now about an actual story.  The last one took three fucking years to write/draw, don't know if I'm up for that again just yet. 
The Mecan'tiKs have been trying to record a demo for some time now.  We decided to try it DIY and found the process daunting but rewarding at the same time.  Luckily, my two other bandmates are technologically inclined, otherwise we wouldn't be getting very far.  We came up with 5 songs so far that are pretty tolerable to listen to.  We have more recorded, but not mixed. 
As far as shows, we've been trying to keep busy this year, and average about 1-2 shows a month.  Not too bad for a beginner band in a town that doesn't cater well to live acts.  We just did a show in Townsquare which sounded great but had only about a dozen people watching us.  Afterword, I got to attend a mellow afterparty at the Dogmahal/Ojata Records across the street.  Partying in a comic shop/hot dog emporium/record store is actually pretty damn fun!

2 Comments:

Blogger Internal Contradictions said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Internal Contradictions said...

Glad you are blogging again:)

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<