Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Birthday, Tadpoles, and More Concerts on DVD

I'm coming down with a cold--seems like I can't keep healthy these days! It's just a little cold, though.
A new page of Golden Brown is coming out by Friday! Now that I've introduced tits, let's see what I do with them.
Kevin's birthday is on Friday, Happy Birthday Kevin! I've 29 spankins for you! Unfortunately I can't give them to you this weekend. Wish we could make it to the celebrations but oh well, We'll be there in spirits.
Isabella has been going to swimming lessons for the past 2 weeks. I'm glad she was able to do it, but it's seriously fucked with my sleeping schedule, so I'm also glad it's over. She did pretty good, she was reluctant to try some of the stuff they were doing, but after a while she warmed up to it. It's funny how the moms there were so quick to chastise their kids anytime they misbehaved just a little bit. It was even funnier that every time they chastised, the kids just seemed to get worse.

What am I watching?
Type O Negative: Symphony For the Devil- Type O in live concert, unlike After Dark, which showcased videos. Between songs are various clips of the band in non-concert situations. Sage advice: If you go on tour, leave the Sharpie's at home, or don't go to sleep. Some bonus materials include an interview with Juliya, a CD with Type O doing a cover medley of Santana songs (only Type O could make Oye Como Va sound cool), and even a slideshow of the band during their respective childhoods--Pete Steele as a kid! Pete Steele as a teen in tight-white 1970's pants! That's funny. The concert footage was cool and the sound was well-mixed for the DVD.
Primus: Blame It On the Fish- An 'abstract' DVD of the band during their 2003 tour. There was this little part where Larry Lalonde (guitarist) is just fiddling around on a guitar in a back room. I realized he wasn't even playing a recognizable solo or scale, just some random fingering--just like I do! Of course, he was better, but I thought it was cool that Larry and I had the same right hand. The footage was very cool, but my favorite part was the bonus interview with Les Claypool, which takes place in 2065. Les' make up is great, his acting is amazing, even for just goofing around. He even had a little "old fart tremor" in his hand that looked completely natural.
Mr & Mrs. Smith- A couple whose marriage is on the rocks finds out that each had been leading a double life as a high-tech contract killer. Unfortunately, each has become the other's next mark. Despite any reservations I had about this movie being a typical action flick, I did like it. A bickering couple literally left to kill eachother? It's a good concept. The only real bad parts about this movie were the high-tech gadgets/weaponry (it's a bit much, just use a fake moustache and a gun every once in a while!) and the ending in the Cabella's-type store, which was waaaayyy over the top and hoky.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<