Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thursday, July 03, 2008

DL Visit Postponed, Banjo Lickin', and YOR!!

Amber didn't like having to see the title VAGINA DENTATA!, every time she came to my blog this week, so I updated, and seeing as how I haven't had any pictures lately, I thought I'd throw one in I did last night.

Due to extenuating circumstances at work, I'm stuck working 7/5. We were originally planning on going ot DL this weekend, but oh well, we're just going up next weekend instead.
I have been working on a banjo made from a cookie tin lately, and it's a success except for the fact that my strings keep breaking. I don't have actual guitar tuners, just bolts set up on it, so the strings are grinding too much against metal and wood. I also attempted a little experiment and put frets on it. I used weedwhacker string for the frets and packing tape to stick 'em on, not really expecting it to work--lo and behold, it works better than I imagined it would! But a banjo with three working string on opposite ends of the neck does not sound as good as it should, so any audio/video examples will have to wait for now.
Nobody found the funny thing that got put into my last post, thanks for paying attention, asses!! New page of Golden Brown is currently up and running, I like where this page is taking us. I've been working on someof my earlier pages, mainly just updating the lettering so it's readable, also a little revision of scripting. My comedic wit was not what it is now (seriously).
What am I watching?
Yor, Hunter From the Future- A hunter from the "high mountain" seeks meaning behind a mysterious medallion he wears around his neck. Bad acting, bad makeup, it reminds me of Capt. Caveman multiplied. Yor does find another of his kind who is equally amnesiac about her origins, and proceeds to fall in love with her, much to the chagrin of the girl he previously saved. Also to the disgust of the viewer (me), who thinks she looks enough like him (bleach-blond hair, goofy thick eyerows--and I mean the same exact eyebrows!) to be his sister. She dies, though, so that creepy possibility is rendered moot. Of course it only makes sense that he finds out he's from the future and has to fight a bunch of robots, beat an evil overlord, then fly off in a fiery bird (jet), hopefully never to be seen again. My favorite scene? When Yor (who fucking decided Yor was a good name?!?) shot some kind of dino-bird, then proceeded to use it to glide (not kidding) down to a lower cliff and rescue his woman. I didn't want her saved, though, because everytime she screamed his name, her voice was so annoying I wanted to punch her fucking face.
Killing Emmett Young- A young detective suffering from a terminal disease hires a hitman to kill him while he works to find a serial killer. This is an interesting concept for a movie. There is also a lot of depth to the characters as we watch them going about little tasks. The hitman, for example, spends some time in Young's home (illegally) to find out more about him. The storyline itself fools you. While you think more focus is going to be put on the serial killer and the disease is a subplot, you really find yourself confused until the end about what the movie is really about. Without giving too much away, it's REALLY about an overachieving cop who's afraid of dying mediochre and wants to be remembered in a more valiant light. There was also an odd sense of understanding & sympathy between Emmett & the hitman during their last scene together.
Superbad- It took me a long time to finally see this movie. 3 highschool geeks get one last hurrah (and attempt at drunken sex) before going to 2 different colleges. It was a formulaic buddy comedy with crude humor a la American Pie, but nonetheless it was very funny. It made me a little nostalgic, too, though my friends and I never got into nearly that much trouble. I must say, the drunk-acting, was perhaps the best I've ever seen, especially between the 2 buddies when they're saying all the mushy shit, then feel all awkward about it in the morning. Favorite thing about the movie? The actors portraying the kids are themselves (gasp!) young enough to pass for highschoolers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mrs S said...

oh gee Thanks Doug! Ugggh now I'm going to be asking for a new post by the end of this week!

12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<