Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

What is it?


It's not a toaster! I know it looks like a bagel toaster, but let me ask you: How many bagel toasters have you seen that have 3 slots??
It's actually a nautical pulley of some sort. The floor of our bathroom looks a bit like an ocean floor, so a while back I went for a "tragedy at sea" theme to decorate. I've judged this pulley acceptable as "debris". Despite the lack of bouyancy in the character of my bathroom, I didn't do the cast shadows quite well enough on the pulley, and thus have inadvertantly given it a floating quality. Ooooops.
Ah, well, it's growing on me. This was an assignment in high-key paintings (really light). Coming up: low-key painting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Kidd said...

I recognized this as a nautical-type pulley right away. More than once I've painted one myself. I like it and I like the theme of your bathroom.

9:57 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

Thanks! I didn't want to go with some basic theme, and I hope someday to paint the Edmund Fitzgerald in what I would imagine to be its current state at the bottom of Superior as a final addition to my bathroom.

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<