Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Character Assassination



I was doing pretty good playing catch-up with some assignments I was behind on, then I got sick. I took it easy at work, but I didn't have anything but water. The thought of food at the time was just unappetizing.

Karissa had a doctor's appointment which I tried to tough out, but she felt bad that I was dozing in the waiting room and sent me out to the car (reclining seats make a big difference in comfort).

After getting home and sleeping til 5pm, I got up and laid around on the couch the rest of the evening. I wanted to get back to my assignments, but the thought of doing anything with concentration was like the thought of food.

So here I am, back at work. I'm feeling leagues better. I had eaten some of Karissa's dried beef dip and had a little chicken broth, but it may have been a little too soon, because I felt sick again afterward. So, I'm still drinking water, though I also have had pop and it's perked me up quite a bit. Caffeine was very much missed the past two days. Oh, and April, don't worry when you bring Aiden over. Like I said, I feel much better, but just to be on the safe side, I'll play my ukelele for him a few feet farther back.

These two pictures are for an assignment for digital imaging. We had to create characters and color them using Corel Painter. I have a love/hate relationship with Painter. On the one hand, it's cool to play with the paints on this program, they actually look very realistic and you can play with different brushes and mediums. On the other hand, while I was using it, I'd accidentally hit the right mouse button with my finger, and bring up a quick menu and select something, all before I'd even realize it. Sometimes, I would select two or three things at once (don't ask me how), and the program would freeze. And Painter takes a hellish amount of time to load for some reason.

Anyway, the first character (above) is a teenage female assassin. I gave her a tummy and accompanying image issues. She's looking at a mirror-reflection of the image she'd like to have. Even relentless killers have personal issues.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Ousley said...

Those still life look good down there. I like the one with the cup and razor. Good value. Isabella is a cutey by the way!

9:53 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

c.ousley-
Thanks! The reference photo for the cup & razor one was taken at the motel where I work, the lightin is just a basic desk lamp.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<