Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Nocturnal Perambulation to Clear My Diurnal Machinations

I just got back from a long walk. My fingers don't want to move very fast right now, but not from the cold. Every muscle in me feels like it's been put under a hanky and stomped on by a Jewish groom. It was totally worth it, though. I just wandered along the sidewalks and bike trail in East Grand Forks, and the sky was so bright from all the city lights hitting the overcast sky and bouncing back down that I could see the river from across the huge field. I usually hang out at the point, but I decided to go a little further this time.
I was about halfway across the Murray bridge when a car went speeding past, and the driver startled me a bit by leaning out of his window and yelling, "FREAK!" I just smiled, looked back over the railing as I walked, and repeated the word 'dumbass' in my head for a while. Fuck him anyway, that guy probably listens to every song Ryan Seacrest recommends and shops at Abercrombie and Fitch. He probably also wears socks with his sandals and tries every now and then to sound cool by saying "True dat" whenever his buddy talks about how cool it is to ride their kawasakis to the coffee shop.
Ah, well. If I'm a freak, I'm proud of that. That means I'm at least trying to be human.
Anyway, I finally found the pedetrian bridge that's been eluding us for who knows how long. It was really cool, because I noticed that the bridge was positioned in such a way that it divided the sky. North of it, the lights of Downtown brightened the sky and made everything a pinkish hue across the waters, and South of the bridge was dark and foreboding. Walking on the bridge, I had the distinct feeling of passing straight through a battleground of good and evil. On one end, light and comfort. The other, a yawning void where the water ran into total darkness. It was really cool.
To add to that, a bunch of dead trees were piled on the west bank of the dark side. Everything seemed to just fit right into place. And I didn't bring my camera. Fuck.
Anyway it was totally cool and you guys all missed it. Ha ha.

By the way, new Golden Brown out came out just before midnight, sorry it was a little tardy, but still Friday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ron Morrison said...

Interesting, I think we must have all had nocturnal perambulation adventures- sounded familiar.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<