Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Art Fest & Udda Tings...



Yeah, I know, it's a crappy photo, but the picture was too big to fit on the scanner, so mind yer business.

We went to Art Fest this weekend, and it actually wasn't quite as good as last years. Parts were better, like how organized it was this year, and I saw street performers--okay just a couple of musicians with their cases open to throw money in, but it was still cool. I wish we had street performers on normal days. Unfortunately, it was so congested that I was getting cranky having to maneuvre around all the cattle until I finally got my beer-battered cheese fries. Sunday, we went back with Kevin & April, and I had a buffalo burger & some mini donuts. miocardial infarction, here I come!

Anyway, April and Kevin, being ever the thoughtful ones, saw the booth with all these ink renderings of train stations that I love. They're done by a guy named John Cartwright, a weird guy with NO formal training in the arts. He just gets pictures of the train stations, and draws them. I think people even send photos in from around the state, too. Oddly enough, he hasn't done any train stations in Devils Lake, so I wanted to get a picture of both of them to send to him, but it never happened quick enough. Anyway, Kevin and April are at this booth Saturday, and they see the picture above, an historic train depot in Duluth, and they're thinking, 'wow, you know who'd like this? This Guy! -(perverbial thumbs pointing at Doug). So they got it for me! For Karissa's Birthday...yeah I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but I don't care because they got me a friggin ink picture of a Duluth train depot, and that's awesome. So thank you again, Kevin & April, I still have it on display on our kitchen table. By the way, this picture is a year older than Karissa.

On another closely related note, Karissa's BIRTHDAY is tomorrow, so anyone who doesn't wish her a happy birthday by midnight tomorrow night, will get her spankings...oh, hell, you'll get 'em anyway, why discriminate?

4 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

That IS a really awesome picture.

If you try and spank me, you are going to find a size 8 1/2 in your ass so you might want to think about it. :)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Urban Barbarian said...

pretty damn cool! I love architectural renderings!

8:37 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I wish he had a website, but this guy's really old school. He hands out flyers with an order form on them. Next chance I get, I'll see about scanning it.

11:40 PM  
Blogger April said...

We needed a reason to get it for you, and we didn't want to wait until Christmas... so we decided that Karissa's birthday was the closest thing to celebrate...so... yeah... but if you don't get a Christmas gift... now you know. LOL. I'm just glad you like it

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<