Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Weekend With the Arnoud's

Okay, I know, I was in a bad mood when I wrote that previous post. I still stand behind it, but I don't usually go political on my blog, and when I do, I end up feeling a little dirty.
We did have a really fun weekend, though we all wished April would have been able to make it. For some reason, I was really feeling like staying home. Then when we were there, I didn't feel like visiting people or anything. It was weird. Friday night I played catch with Karissa & Kevin, and we heard some guys practicing oldies in a garage across the street that belonged to the River of Life church. Then we went to the street dance and met up with Amy, Derek & Tab, and I even met Reyna's Jason, whom I have never met before, so that was cool. It was pretty cool seeing Reyna so mellowed out, and it was weird thinking back on the history I'd had with her and now just being able to talk to her like a normal person and all. Jason gave me his phone number and told me & Kevin to get a hold of him next time we're in town so we could jam. Now I have to practice again to get the chops up.
Then we hung out at Tab & Derek's, and got to see their attic, which was completely fucking awesome. I told Derek I want to play in this attic, and he said that'd be cool and that we should, so I'm going to push the issue.
Derek also told me he'd picked up the bass again, and was playing Primus the other day. It actually made me a little proud of him.
Then like dumbshits Karissa & I got home at 4:00 in the morning and slept late, causing us to miss half the parade, so we didn't go. That afternoon, my sister had a big ol' grill-out at her place--tons of burgers and beer brats and corn-on-the-cob, then we got to drive the golf cart & four-wheelers around. Karissa instantly fell in love with the four-wheelers, and now wants one along with a motorcycle. It was awesome.
Saturday night, we basically did the exact same thing, with a few changes:
I ran into Peurto Rican (Matt Pearson) and got his phone number as well with the same request to come jam with him and Jason. Then I wandered into Ye Olde Tavern to get Karissa a beer, when I ran into Brandt Wolfe. So, I FINALLY got to ask him if he'd be interested in writing a comic, when he referred me to a friend of his named Cole. Cole and I talked comics for a little bit, but it didn't sound like he was into writing comics, just doing plays with Brandt. So basically I'm still stuck writing for myself. I also got to meet Brandt's wife (can't remember the name)!
I even argued with my dad about the state of the war in Iraq (although we basically agree--it's a long story), though he didn't read my blog.
Anyway, we got home at about 3:00 this time, but Sunday was lazy day for us anyway. I managed to sneak out to get Karissa an early birthday present (it's 6/12, by the way), she'll show you what it is, and then we saw my mom's new place and visited her for about 1/2 hour or so, then came home. It was good to get home after such a busy weekend.
We came home to find my projects had returned to me from my Color & Design instructor. I got a C in the class, and I pretty much deserved it. I told you guys I didn't like that class, I don't like paint, and therefore I didn't try as hard as I probably should have. So get off my back, you dirt-monkeys. He did like my final one though.
That's about all I have right now. A new Golden Brown has been up since Friday, read it NOW if you haven't yet, if you have then fucking read it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<