Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, May 15, 2006

No More Painting? Should I Be Baking? Perambulating?


Unfortunately, I have to follow up my grand little painting with this piece. Not the worst I've done, but far from best. The guy on the left looks okay, especially the torso. As I told Karissa, after the painting, I'd pretty much checked out. Doing this assignment was just a boring little thing I had to hurry up and finish. Sorry!
Anyway, I guess I won't say I'm done FOREVER with the painting, it's just that I don't enjoy doing it. The whole thing with mixing paints, trying to get the right hue, muting colors (which apparently is really hard for me), that stuff just isn't fun. I like smearing dusty charcoal across white paper and creating my darks and lights that way. That doesn't mean I won't make a move to pastel chalk, which also smears well, and is easier to clean up than paint.
Anyway, I went solo last night. Karissa & Isabella went to her mom's house for the night. I would have gone, but I was up to my ears in painting a bridge remnant and wasn't in the mood to bring messy paint to a super-clean house. So I did some painting, hung out with Kevin and April (we talked a lot about movies--weird, but entertaining, as I love to talk about movies), then I unsucecssfully attempted pancakes. My sausages turned out fine, but my pancakes were a disaster. So yes, I can officially say I've fucked up pancakes.
Around 11pm, I grabbed my coat, and took a walk--which I haven't done or ben able to do since before Isabella was born! That's right, it's been almost 2 years since I've been out for a nocturnal perambulation. And I've never walked around East Grand before. I went to the bridges, saw a muskrat swimming, climbed on rocks, explored walking trails, and got my new boots broken in and a little muddy. River mud. This morning my heels were killing me, but it was totally worth it. Plus I got to see somebody get pulled over in the park, and I also got to see the train go by on the bridge. It was awesome.
For anyone loyal enough to have waited this long for another Golden Brown, just be a little more patient. Now that school's done, I can concentrate on my extracurricular artistic endeavors. Just a little longer, I promise.
Oh, and April, I looked it up. Indigent is a needy, impoverished or poor person. You were right, which just goes to show pregnancy does not screw with your vocab skills.

4 Comments:

Blogger April said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:21 AM  
Blogger April said...

I'm glad you are done with Painting, you were a trooper, usually if its something you don't want to do, you would have half-assed it (oh come on, you know I'm right for the most part) but with this you took more time to do it and I think you're pretty good at painting, even if you hate it. I'm also glad you got to go on a walk. Thanks for looking up Indigent... but I don't think it matters if I'm pregnant or not, I've never had a good vocabulary. But when they were a group of Lawers called "the Council of Indigents" shouldn't it have been "The council FOR Indigents...?"

9:24 AM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

You'd think it'd be FOR indigents, or else it's a bunch of homeless lawyers...
Damn straight I'd half-ass it, that's how I let people know I'm not into it!

8:56 PM  
Blogger April said...

BTW, If I was a guy, and my penis was that small, I would not go into nude modeling...unless it was for medical illustration of how a penis should not be that small. Not that size matters... or anythign...

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<