Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Hammer Another One In, I'm In a Flavor Box!

Sounds like a political statement, doesn't it? Actually aside from the "magickal" uses for coffin nails, all the slang meanings involve cigarettes or tobacco products, so it's really not that much of a stretch. I just thought it was cool because I was watching 3 Stooges this morning while Is was eating, and Curly won the "Coffin Nail cigarette contest". Apart from the outdated nature of the slang, what a cool brand name for cigarettes! So I got out my pens and sketched myself a simple little pack of smokes with long, thin lettering. I figure a box of Coffin Nail cigarettes should look a little morose but without much flash, kind of like a pack of Lucky Strikes.

7 Comments:

Blogger Martin Wittig said...

Hey man, You've got a cool blog here! Thanks for the kind words on mine, I appreciate the feedback!

2:11 AM  
Blogger Josie, group organizer said...

You need to go further with this. Not that I don't think this drawing is good, it is, it's the fact that I like this concept and I think you could take it to an even bigger level. I think you should work a little more with the perspective and use a unique and slightly harsh angle to give it a bit more unusual if even a bit morbid feel and really bring out the contrast. I'm even thinking another route could be to use some good props like someone's hand and you could do one that's obviously eerie or one where the eerie is subtle, just enought to be disturbing but not really understand at first glance why it's disturbing. Lol, I'll shut up now.

8:12 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

It's really more of a thumbnail for something I can do further down the line. Who knows? If I can get into comics, maybe it can be one of those subtle aspects that adds to the whole of a scene.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:21 PM  
Blogger April said...

I think it looks like a cartoon. :) Josie, were you talking about the contrast between black and white, because I actually think it is very contrasty in that sense.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

i saw that both my comments were deleted from here...grrr...

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<