Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, January 30, 2006

I'm a Big Boy...

Do I look 26?
Weeellll, I've got a few quiet moments to myself to finally post about the weekend.
I had to make it a birth-weekend, because it lasted so long. We didn't do anything overly fancy, but we did pretty much everything I wanted, and that made it the most fun I had in about 4 years or so.
To start, Karissa & I went to Paradiso with Kevin, April, Larissa, Tony, Blake, and Amber. I blew my free dinner on Chicken (because I CAN), and ordered a Mexican beer called Bohemia, which wasn't all that bad.
Afterward, the party--or should I say, part-ay. It was a kick ass party, exactly what I wanted to do for my birthday. Kevin & I cracked open the special Jack Daniel's 1915 "Lem Motlow" recipe that he got me for Christmas, and took down a few shots. I also experimented with a couple more imported beers, and got the right kind of drunk, the kind that's not too drunk. Unfortunately, I forgot to drink water before bedtime, and got a little hung over.
Karissa made lil' Smokies & dried beef dip for appetizers, and baked me a Russian chocolate kahlua cake. She says she fucked it up, but the cake was yummy regardless, which proves that even when Karissa fucks up food, she still makes it good--she's a keeper, I tell you what!
Saturday (after the nausea subsided somewhat) we stopped by Kevin & April's, then made our way through the snow storm to various electronic stores to help them look for a TV stand for Kevin's awe-inspiring high-def toy.
After that, I was feeling a little better, so Karissa & I went to Qdoba's, where I took a risk and tried their Tortilla soup.
Bad Tortilla soup list--Applebee's, Bronze Boot
Good Torilla Soup List--Tabula, Ground Round, Qdoba's. Enough said.
After Qdoba's, I was feeling much better, so we went to the mall and screwed around for a bit, and I got a graphic novel just for me. Then to Pier One for more of the same.
After all that nonsense, we decided it was time to get to the theater. I was going to spend some of my hard-earned gift certificates at the matinee showing of Hostel. Unfortunately, Karissa and I were very unimpressed with the level of violence in the movie, as we found we had seen most of it already in the previews. The sex stuff was okay, but again, I've seen better. But I did get to see the previews for V For Vendetta, which I hope will be as good as it looks so far. The book kicked ass. Overall, I still had a good time at the theater because I love going to the movies (even the bad ones), and even though the concession chick was a bitch, she gave me tons o'butter on my popcorn. At some point that evening, we went back to Kevin & April's where I surprised her with the uneaten portion of my popcorn (still very buttery), and we played video games until 2 a.m. I was very tired and only got 4 hours sleep before going to work breakfast at the motel, but it was a great night, and I haven't just sat up playing video games in forever. Kevin and Blake kicked my ass at Mario Cart. Oh yeah, and Blake broke Kevin's DVD player, and Kevin & I broke my Playstation, and just tonight Kevin couldn't get his computer to work right. I think their living room is electronically cursed. Good thing the tv is tough...
Today Karissa's mom brought Isabella back. It was nice having a weekend of no schedules and going anywhere we wanted for as late as we wanted, but we both missed our baby. She waited until about 5 minutes after grandma left, then dropped the "good girl" act. But, she was adorable nonetheless. I took a 2 hour nap, then got up to the smell of none other than Mike's Chicken Alfredo pizza.
I want to thank everyone that was able to make it to my party, I had a helluva good time. The whole weekend was nothing but fun and oddly enough, stress-free (for me, anyway). I'm totally glad I decided to celebrate my birthday this year.

1 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Thank you very very much for the yummy theater popcorn.... it twas plump full of buttery goodness.

You had a kick ass birthday weekend, you had an excellent birthday party and yay for you!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<