Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, September 24, 2005

VCR's in Hell?

My mind's wandering a little, so bear with me.
First, I found the name of the show. It's called Hell: The Devil's Domain. Sorry, Amber, it doesn't look like there are any repeats, but they do offer it on VHS. I'm sure it'll come on again some other time--I mean, October is coming up, after all.
I was wandering around on the History channel website, and there's a link that tells you stuff that happened on your birthday.
January 27, 1978-Richard Chase, aka The Dracula Killer, was found in a field covered in cow's blood. He suffered from a disease known as Porphyria (a blood disorder, the concept of which is famous in explanations of vampirism), and though deemed sane to stand trial for murders commited (and a disturbing amount of human blood found all over his home), he was thought to be mentally unstable.
January 27, 1302-Dante Alighieri is exiled from Florence for political reasons. As he wandered, he wrote The Divine Comedy.
January 27, 1970-Social changes in the 60's and an outdated production code led to the creation of a new movie ratings system, which is used to this day. In 1976 on this date, Laverne and Shirley premiered, and the very first Tarzan movie opened in 1918.
January 27, 1951-First Atomic Detonation at a Nevada test site. Enough said.
January 27, 1985-Coca-Cola sets up shop in the Soviet Union. Cold-War Cola for everyone!
January 27, 1926-John Logie Baird gives his first public demonstration of a television system in London. Those darn Scots make great Whiskey AND invented the TV!

Which leads me to talk about yet another discovery. We were in Gordman's yesterday. Gordman's is amazing, because no matter how many time's you've been there, there's always something you haven't seen before. And, chances are, it's on clearance. Karissa and I have always been Caffeine addicts. When she worked at Tabula, she developed a taste for plain coffee (that is, without sugar/cream). It took a while, but now I drink a lot of coffee as well (though I need my sugar). Imagine my delight when we wander up and down the kitchen isles, and one of the first things I see is JACK DANIEL'S COFFEE. And for those of you who like Southern Comfort, there was SOUTHERN COMFORT COFFEE also. Wow. People have been slipping whiskey and scotch into their coffee for years, and here somebody finally had the idea to market it!
There's no alcohol, it's basically just whiskey-flavored coffee. We tried it this morning (A treat to have while watching my cartoons). Karissa didn't taste anything different, and I didn't either until I added a little sugar. I dont know, I just thought that was cool.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mrs S said...

shoot about the speacial. I'll try and watch for it. And yummy coffee........ But I just don't know how into the whole liquor flaved coffee in the morning I would be. I would have to have it as a sober upper drink.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

I am a coffee addict too. I have to have at least 3 cups of coffee a day or I'm not happy. However, I have to have mine with sugar and the French Vanilla creamer.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Karissa (mommy) said...

Ok, you can post something on your blog finally...I'll allow it...

11:28 PM  
Blogger Mrs S said...

ok you need to post something too. And soon I know something has to have happened in your life to post about.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

<